Summer Skirmish 2017
Saturday and Sunday, June 10-11, 2017
9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
4520 Crowchild Trail SW
For more information on the event, click here.
Admission for the 2017 Summer Skirmish is:
- Children and Youth - $2.00
- Adults: $5.00
- Car Load: $10.00
Monetary donations or contributions to the Veterans Food Bank are always greatly appreciated.
Re-enactments and Demonstrations
Join us on Saturday and Sunday, June 10th and 11th as 2000 years of warfare comes to life in a weekend of scripted battle re-enactments and demonstrations.
Viking raids, medieval duels, gladiatorial combat, musketry skills and cannonades are some of the demonstrations and exhibitions that will be available. You will be able to interact with all of the participants who will be dressed in period costumes and uniforms that will transport you back to that time in history.
This year visitors will have the opportunity to have their picture taken in the old west, have their fortunes foretold like the commanders of old, or meet a Viking or a Chivalrous Knight. Visitors will be able walk into the camps and chat with soldiers from various eras.
Food trucks will be available on site throughout the weekend.
TMM would like to extend our sincere thanks to all the re-enactment groups participating in this years Summer Skirmish.
- Ludus Sanguinus Gladiatores - Antiquity
- Dragon’s Own - Medieval era
- The Sons of Fenrir - Viking
Black Powder Era
- French Napoleonic Display (Courtesy of Capt (Ret’d) Bill Treleaven)
- The Cannoneers and 78th Fraser Highlanders
- Yankee Valley Historical Society
- 103rd Regiment (Calgary Rifles)
- South Alberta Horse Artillery
- 78th Fraser Highlanders
- Summer Skirmish Miniature's Group: with 3000+ 28mm figures
- The Forge, Western Martial Arts - Ancient Skills for exercise and fun
- Guns of the Golden West - Alberta Historical
First World War
- 10th Bn CEF Commemorative Association
Second World War
- First Special Service Force, Living History Association
- Prairie Motor Brigade