School Group Bookings
The Military Museums is supported by The Military Museums Foundation, a non-profit organization that develops and delivers a wide variety of Alberta curriculum-based education programs, activities and tours to local School groups.
School Group Bookings
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions before making your booking.
To make a School Group booking:
1. View the list of available Programs and Packages below:
2. check the Calendar to confirm the times that are available:
3. then click the School Bookings Form below to reserve your Education program request.
Note: For Educators who are planning a day at the Museum with students, please make sure to book enough programs to fill the time you have reserved:
- If planning a Half Day, please book at least 1-3 programs.
- If planning a Full Day, please book at least 3-5 programs.
All bookings are subject to the availability of our volunteers. We recommend booking early to ensure you receive the programs you require.
Note: The maximum number of students allowed in a group is 90.
- Full Day (4-5 hrs) - $12/student (please book 3-5 programs depending on size of group and departure and arrival times.) We recommend including time for lunch and time to explore the museum.
- Half Day (2 hrs) - $8/student (please book 1-3 programs morning or afternoon.
Teachers and supervisory adults are at no charge.
Individual Program Fees
- Individual Program Fees Cost / program
- Students $4 (minimum 20)
- Teachers and supervisory adults (up to 2)* Free
Note: An additional $1 will be added per student for Art programs.
Payment may be made by cheque, credit / debit card or cash the day of the program.
*Supervisory adults are those individuals who are responsible for the behavior and conduct of the students. Supervisors must be in the company of the students at all times. Museum admission rates apply to additional supervisors.
To cancel or reschedule your program, we require notice in writing at least two business days in advance (inclement weather excluded). There will be a charge of $75 if the booking is cancelled within two business days of the event.
To cancel or reschedule less than 48 hours before your program, please call 403-410-2340 ext 2612 or ext 2613. This allows us adequate time to inform volunteers and staff.
If your group is running late, please inform the commissionaire at 403-410-2340 ext 2604 with an approximate time arrival. Late arrivals will cause components to be cut from the schedule.
For a well-rounded experience we suggest you choose an activity, a tour and a theatre presentation. You may select a package or build your own by selecting individual programs.
Please note: Remembrance programs are offered year-round.
Groups larger than 20 people will be divided into smaller groups for rotation and will require additional time. Groups are asked to arrive 10 minutes early.
Supervisory adults are admitted free to the museum. A Supervisory adult is defined as an adult responsible for children, who stays with the group at all times and is in charge.
Lunchtime and Snacks: The Museum does not have a cafeteria onsite, so students are required to bring their lunches/snacks.
If weather permits, lunch or snacks may be eaten outside in our designated areas. The education center and vending areas can be used for lunch inside the museum.